Looking back on the end of 2013 and I’m in a better place even if I’m in the same place I was last year.
The list I made last year was:
1. Finish Weaver Book #1. Query Agents. Work on Book #2. – Completed 1 of 3 – Found out first draft was too much but I finished it, all 147k words of it. I’ve got 3-4 books squished into 1.
2. Find a graphic design job – Interned at Regimen Boxing Enterprises and created posters for the August fight that went up all over Providence.
3. Finish a short story and submit it to either magazine or writer’s workshop. – I’m crossing this off the list until Weaver Revision 2 is done.
4. Continue to write – Yep.
5. Read more – I have been.
6. Take more pictures and post’em – Need more time in the day.
7. More gaming with Team Formation – Still need more time in the day.
8. Hope for good new season of Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi – It was a good season even if the season finale felt off.
On the Weaver front – Chapter 4 has been re-edited.
The scenes from chapter 5 is being pushed to the last third of the book. This means a new chapter 5. And it means sending our heroes off in to the unknown.
In the meantime, I’ve been backfilling history. If this sounds vaguely familiar it’s because the Weaver ‘Verse is a giant, sprawling, epic, space opera and I never typed it all out in some semblance of chronological form. And when I did, I never finished it or adapted it properly. Instead it’s been spread out over several moleskin notebooks and my brain.
So the rest of 2014 is going to spent filling in background, plotting out the rest of the book(s) and getting some of the comic script pages written.
The first draft chapters have been put into a folder and will be dusted off when needed.
That brings the Where Weavers Daire K BAR count to: