Looking back on the end of 2013 and 2014 I’m in a better place than last year even if I’m still writing Weaver.
The list I made last year was:
1. Finish Weaver Book #1. Query Agents. Work on Book #2. – I’ll get to this in a second.
2. Find a graphic design job – No such luck but I did get a job at Displays2Go.
3. Continue to write – Yep.
4. Read more – I have been.
5. Take more pictures and post’em – Need more time in the day.
6. More gaming with Team Formation – Still need more time in the day altho Rainbow 6 Siege coming out is a welcome breath of fresh air.
7. Hope for a good season of Doctor Who with Peter Capaldi – There’s a blog post about the utter shit writing that was this season. If they cancel it next season it’ll go out on a low note from the writing standpoint. More on this later…
Where Weavers Daire Update
The Where Weavers Daire K BAR count:
I may’ve lost 10k from October but the plot is a lot better than what it had been.
The writing and re-writing continues. I’ve also found an easier way to jot things down besides my moleskin: Google Docs. Generally I use M$ Word to write and compile in Scrivener but I’ve been using Google Docs to write down and plan out plot points.
This is a good thing since most of it is still in my head and I’m making a concerted effort to plot instead of discovery or pants my way through.
I mentioned how the first draft of Weaver had an enormous amount of content that should’ve been in other book and that’s what I’ve been doing when not watching Jessica Jones, The Expanse, working (!) or playing Fallout 4 / Destiny / Rainbow Six Siege.
I’ve been pushing plot threads that were in the first draft to the next book and it’s been helping a lot.
Writing Goals for 2016
- Plot out the rest of book 1.
- Finish writing Weaver.
- Work on Weaver graphic novel / web comic / Patreon.
- Get Weaver professionally edited.
- Self publish Weaver
- Plot out book 2 and 3.
- Attend several of the local events like the 4th Annual ARIA Author Expo and RICC and sell it!
- Make loads of money minus stealing the underwear.
Yep, short writing goals.
Saw Star Wars: The Force Awakens, going to see it again then there will be a review post. My first thoughts: Great looking and well acted unlike the prequels. The new characters and the actors portraying them infused new blood into universe even if the plot hit all the notes from the original trilogy and it’ll be interesting to see how many deleted scenes show up on the DVD. I need to read the novelization as well since it was based on a previous screenplay draft.
The Art Book is worth getting but nowhere as detailed as the Making of Trilogy books.
On another note, Legos and Star Wars. It’s an expensive hobby.
The 3rd Annual Association of Rhode Island Author Expo went off without a hitch. I’m going to ignore the power failure at Lincoln Mall for 30-40mins.
Writing Excuses Cruise 2016 – I’m looking into doing this like Bennett North did this year.
Con Season 2016 consists of Emerald City, Necon and RICC. 3/4 of those I don’t need a hotel or airline tickets for. I’m half tempted on going to Boston Comic Con this year just as a fan to see how it is.
On the job front, I got a job at Displays2Go. I highly recommend their products and they’re local to Rhode Island!
That’s it for now, here’s hoping 2016 is better than 2015.